Vulnerability of human and natural systems to climate change and viruses
My personal journey to health.
Ten years ago, when I was going through a personal health crisis, I suffered from several nutrient deficiencies – I was completely unaware of it. My entire body suffered including my legs and feet because I was not giving my body the fuel it needed, and the most significant negative aspect was that my brain was on the losing end. I decided to find a solution. I have called my solution “The Grow and Protect Tool”.
“The Grow and Protect Tool” is not a diet; it’s a tool that will launch you (hopefully), as it did for me, into a total health transformation Journey. I designed this trial and error approach to hopefully help myself triumph over diseases that I suffered from, like: Sore legs and feet, Diabetes 2, Heart Disease, Digestive disorders, Fatigue, Depression, and to prevent Cancer which ran in my family. I succeeded and hope I will stay health for a long time.
THE “Grow-Tool” TARGETS FIVE ASPECTS OF YOUR HEALTH.
To help you gain a start to the process of achieving victory over any illness through giving your immune system home grown foods which:
- Decreases Inflammation – Most diseases today are involved with inflammation. Inflammation, unknowingly, damages your cells and arterials walls and the symptoms are painful joints, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis, and digestive disorders like Crohn’s disease to name a few. By reducing inflammation through the Grow-Tool process, your body is better able to heal from any disease, as it did mine.
- Alkalizes body – Your body should have an average pH of 7.3. A can of soda has a pH of 2.5, and it would take approximately 30 glasses of water to balance things out. Most health problems including weak and painful legs, infections, Osteoporosis and Cancer, thrive in an acidic environment. By alkalizing your body through the Grow-Tool, your cells can heal and regenerate at the highest level.
- Lowers blood glucose – One of the primary causes of fatty liver disease, cardiovascular events, cancer, diabetes and weight gain are burnt out and insulin receptors. By naturally lowering blood glucose levels, insulin receptors can heal, and your body can begin to produce reasonable amounts of insulin to treat diabetes, and leptin.
- Eliminates Toxins – Toxicity has become epidemic in our society today and is a significant cause of our increase in hormonal imbalance, autoimmune diseases, brain and nervous system damage, the immune system, the reproductive system and toxins cause mitochondrial dysfunction. The “grow-tool” helps these problems and others like female disorders, infertility, hypothyroidism and headaches by balancing hormones and aids in a reversal of autoimmune diseases like Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Alzheimer’s, and Autism.
- Optimum Nutrients – Many of today’s illnesses are due to nutritional deficiencies. Most of the foods we eat today are processed and stripped of all vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and enzymes. Even if we are eating healthy organic foods, we do not know if our body is producing all the enzymes for absorbing and using the nutrients. The Grow-Tool deals with all the above which also slows the ageing process improves mental capacity and increases energy levels.
Recently, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) published a landmark report examining the vulnerability of human and natural systems to climate change. The report highlighted a lack of resilience in the global food system, rooted in a radical decline in food diversity.
What does the Grow-Tool health journey aim to achieve?
“The Healing Grow-Tool” plan consists of correctly eating balcony-home-grown, tasty, super-foods; grown in clean, unpolluted, nutrient-rich, organic soil consisting of compost, manure, trace elements, fulvic acid and many other nutrients – this vegetable-potting soil can be bought from your local plant-nursery, then you add any of the essential nutrients that are missing in this organic mixture.
Fulvic acid has proved to be one of nature’s most potent organic electrolytes, and it serves to balance cell life. When these powerful organic electrolytes are introduced, the individual cell is restored to its normal chemical balance. Because fulvic acid has the outstanding ability to accomplish this objective in multiple ways, I decided I needed it in my body because it is nature’s way to process and refine minerals and turn them into readily absorbable bio-available forms. No better way than getting your hands dirty growing your veggies or microgreens on your balcony.
The soil and the selected super-plants will ensure you receive a balance of micronutrients and macronutrients. Nutrients are environmental substances used for energy-communication, growth, and bodily functions by organisms. Depending on the nutrient, these substances are needed in either small or more significant amounts. Those that are required in large quantities are macronutrients which are required for your healthy growth and are stored in the body.
- About 90 nutrients to maintain optimum health, including 59 minerals (6 essential), 18 vitamins, 21 amino acids, three essential fatty acids and trace elements. The number depends on how we define “essential”. An element was until recently considered essential, only if the organism could not grow or complete its life cycle in its absence, and if any other element could not replace it.
- Good Carbs, which are “macronutrients”, which contain leptin and burn protein.
- Good protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an essential building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood. Protein is a “macronutrient,” meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it, mainly as a younger adult.
- Good fats, which are also macronutrients, which help lower cholesterol levels, fight inflammation and prevents heart disease. The body cannot make good fat but need fats to store energy, insulate us and protect our vital organs. Good fats act as messengers, helping proteins do their various jobs and helps the body stockpile certain nutrients.
- Structured Water, the living crystal-pure water inside your body is the key to ultimate hydration, better nutrient absorption, improved brain activity, improved immune responses and longevity.
- Fibre – Fibre slows the rate that sugar is absorbed into the bloodstream. When you eat foods high in fibre, such as beans, the sugar in those foods is absorbed slower, which keeps your blood glucose levels from rising too fast.
- Fulvic acid – Its primary function is to help the body absorb other nutrients such as antioxidants, minerals, and fatty acids.
- Nucleic acid – they are a biological chain composed of building blocks for our DNA and RNA.
ENZYMES ARE ONE OF THE SECRET KEYS TO GROW-TOOLS.
Enzymes, a substance produced by a living organism, which acts as a catalyst to bring about a specific biochemical reaction. You are what you digest and not what you eat, and digestive enzymes are critical to both better digestion and nutrient absorption.
The role of digestive enzymes is primarily to act as catalysts in speeding up specific, life-preserving chemical reactions in the body. Essentially, they help break down larger molecules into more easily absorbed particles that the body can use to survive. All the macronutrients are broken down into molecules small enough to be carried in the bloodstream and boost metabolism to ensure it runs effectively. Micronutrients, if they haven’t already been cleaved in the stomach acid, are released and transported into the bloodstream, too.
Enzymes are another essential key to Grow-Tool health journey.
Four very broad classifications of enzymes are:
- Food enzymes – occur in raw food and, when present in the diet, begin the process of digestion.
- Digestive enzymes – produced by the body to break food into particles small enough to be carried across the gut wall.
- Metabolic enzymes – produced by the body to perform various complex biochemical reactions.
- Detoxifying enzymes – Glucosinolates stimulate what are known as Phase II enzymes, the body’s natural antioxidant system. Glucosinolates trigger the liver to produce detoxifying enzymes:
- that block free-radical attack on your DNA.
- Are anti-inflammatory
- Contain antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Inactivate carcinogens
- Reprogram cancer cells to die-off
- Prevent tumour formation and metastasis
- Intestinal enzymes include the following key (but complicated!) processes:
- Aminopeptidases degrade peptides into amino acids.
- Lactase, a dairy sugar, converts lactose to glucose.
- Cholecystokinin aids digestion of proteins and fats.
- Secretin, as a hormone controls, the secretion of the duodenum.
- Sucrase converts sucrose to disaccharides and monosaccharides.
- Maltase converts maltose to glucose.
- Isomaltase converts isomaltose.
- Pancreatic enzymes deal primarily with fats and amino acids:
- Lipase converts triglycerides into both fatty acids and glycerol.
- Amylase converts carbohydrates into simple sugars.
- Elastases degrades the protein elastin.
- Trypsin converts proteins to amino acids.
- Chymotrypsin converts proteins to amino acids.
- Nucleases convert nucleic acids to nucleotides and nucleosides.
- Phospholipase converts phospholipids into fatty acids.
- Digestive enzymes aren’t just beneficial, they’re essential! They break down food into amino acids, fatty acids, cholesterol, simple sugars and nucleic acids, which help make DNA.
Micronutrients are required in trace amounts for the normal growth and development of living organisms. Vitamins and minerals are the two types of micronutrients found in various categories of carbs.
Vitamins are available in two forms:
- water-soluble and
Water-soluble vitamins are easily lost through bodily fluids and must be replaced each day. Water-soluble vitamins include the B-complex and C vitamins. The other fat-soluble vitamins tend to accumulate within the body and are not needed daily.
The fat-soluble vitamins are stored in the body for long periods of time and generally pose a greater risk for toxicity when consumed in excess than water-soluble vitamins. Eating according to the “Grow-Tool” approach to regaining health, will not lead to toxicity in otherwise normal individuals.
The fat-soluble vitamins are A, D, E and K:
- Vitamin A: Carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach, wheatgrass, cantaloupe and egg yolks.
- Vitamin D: Spending about 15 minutes mid-morning or afternoon, in direct sunlight onto your skin is one of the most effective ways of raising your D3 levels. Eggs, oranges, mushrooms and fatty fish such as salmon and sardines.
- Vitamin E: Spinach, sunflower seeds, broccoli, butternut and squash.
- Vitamin K: Brussels sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage.
There are a total of nine water-soluble vitamins:
- The B vitamins: folate, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12. To obtain all these nutrients, you will need to choose to grow spinach, parsley, broccoli, beets, turnip, asparagus, romaine lettuce, dried beans, lentils and free-range, organic eggs if you have a backyard.
- Vitamin C. Foods to grow on your balcony include bell peppers, wheatgrass, lettuce, broccoli, kale, berries, tomatoes, and peas.
Macro-minerals are needed in more significant amounts
and include the following as an example:
- Calcium – Grow wheatgrass, spinach, sardines, Kale, cabbage, spinach, turnip greens, mustard greens, beet greens, bok choy(Chinees cabbage), okra, swiss chard, and broccolini.
- Magnesium – Grow Wheatgrass, Spinach, lettuce, broccoli and dark chocolate.
- Phosphorus – Grow Wheatgrass, nuts, beans, lentils, squash and pumpkin seeds.
- Sodium – Grow wheatgrass, celery, sweet potatoes, spinach.
- Potassium – Grow Wheatgrass, avocado, spinach, bok-choy, sweet potatoes.
Feast, but then water fast for three days or more.
Micro-minerals are only needed in trace amounts
and include the following as examples:
- Iron – Grow Wheatgrass, bok-choy, hemp seeds, sunflower seeds, dried beans, broccoli and spinach – the seeds and beans may also be effectively sprouted in your kitchen.
- Copper – Grow Kale, shiitake mushrooms, hemp seeds, pumpkin and sesame seeds, cashew nuts.
- Iodine – Grow, fennel, spinach, broccoli, cranberries, strawberries, navy beans, coconut oil. Sea or Himalayan salt. Do not eat with fruits of leafy green vegetables.
- Zinc – Grow spinach, wheatgrass, kale, kidney and Lima beans, pumpkin seeds, garlic, eggs. Shiitake Mushrooms, green peas, lentil sprouts, asparagus, beet greens and broccoli.
- Fluoride – Limit fluoride intake – pickles, potatoes, cooked spinach and carrots, asparagus, raisins, beans. Black tea.
- Cobalt – Wheatgrass, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and lettuce
Essential chemical compounds:
Fulvic acid – Critical to regaining your health. One of Grow-Tool’s most potent organic electrolyte.
Fulvic acid is a natural organic electrolyte that can balance and energise biological properties it
encounters. An electrolyte is a substance that is soluble in water or other appropriate
medium that can conduct electrical current. It promotes electrochemical balance as Donor or Receptor. Found largely in sweet-potatoes, radishes, beets, carrots and other root vegetables.
Nucleic acid – The first biomolecules to support life. The primary role of nucleic acids is to store information that is used to make proteins. The body uses the data stored in DNA to create proteins, which are made up of subunits called amino acids. Found in beans, peas, lentils, spinach, asparagus, cauliflower and mushrooms are all vegetable sources of nucleic acids, specifically purines. Rapidly growing foods like asparagus have the highest amount of nucleic acids of the vegetables.
Master Foods for the Grow-Tool Health restoration process.
Protein: Seafood: Sardines, Salmon and Trout (not farmed). Game Meat: Venison and Ostrich.
Protein Vegetarian: Hemp Seed is essential for meat and non-meat eaters; Optional extras are, Pea Protein Powder, Buckwheat, Lentils, Chia seed, Hemp Protein Powder.
Vegetable Starch Carbs: Dried beans, sweet potatoes, beetroot (their leaves are an optional benefit) and carrots are important to eat, alternatives include, pumpkins, peas, turnips, and squash.
Non-Starch Vegetable Carbs: Tomatoes, onions and Bell Peppers are first to eat, alternatives include, Lentils, Bok Choy, Lettuce (Romaine/Cos), Chia Seed, Hemp
Cruciferous vegetables: Organic Broccoli or Kale are essential to eat, alternatives include, cauliflower, turnips, radish, cabbage, garden cress, brussels sprouts and bok-choy.
Fats (good): Hemp seeds and Avocados are essential to eat, alternatives include Raw Nut Butter, Walnuts, Almonds, Macadamia, and Cashews; All types of Cheese; Chia, Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds. Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Butter from grass-fed cows. Dark chocolate. Organic eggs. Wild Fatty fish – salmon, trout, sardines (not farmed).
You can get almost all the nutrients in fruits from vegetables, even though fruits are a quick and easy way of getting nutrients, they are challenging to grow. Fruits are not part of the Grow-Tool process but are not prohibited if eaten on an empty stomach.
YOUR GROW-TOOL VEGETABLE FOR EACH SECTION.
Eat from each section.
Top Carbs – Cook dinner with any proteins, plus Sweet potatoes, any dried beans, Potatoes, Beets, Carrots.
Top Fats – Can be eaten ALL DAY – avocado, Coconut oil, Grass-fed butter, all cheeses, dark chocolate, salmon, sardines, chia seeds, olive oil, nuts, eggs, full-fat plain Greek-yogurt with live cultures.
Top Proteins – Eggs, Salmon, Tuna, Quinoa, Greek full fat yoghurt, all fish, protein powder, beef, chicken, cottage cheese, almonds, oats, high-fat milk, broccoli, quinoa, lentils, pumpkin seeds, turkey, organic peanut butter.
Top Cruciferous carbs – as a dinner or possibly also in a soup or PM snack. Broccoli, Kale, Cabbage, Bok choy, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collard greens, radish, mustard greens, turnip, Watercress.
Top Green Leafy carb salad foods – PM or AM snack or 20 minutes before dinner. Avocado, egg, spinach, Romaine Lettuce, broccoli, celery, cucumber, Kale, Swiss Chard, Watercress, feta, prunes.
Structured water – throughout the day, including for green tea and organic coffee.
One way to increase the nutritional content of what you grow is to pay attention to your soil and be sure that you are replacing all essential trace minerals.
Fermented and Pickled foods.
Eating fermented (or “cultured”) foods is the most convenient way to obtain a daily dose of beneficial probiotic bacteria. Some of the many ways that fermented foods support overall health include by improving digestion and cognitive function, boosting immunity, helping treat irritable bowel disease, providing minerals that build bone density, helping fight allergies, and killing harmful yeast and microbes that cause issues like candida.
Grow your own cultures, make Sauerkraut, Kombucha, yoghurt, Kefir (even better than yoghurt).
Bio-available supplements like Aruca, are encouraged only if you cannot get your nutirient from your own garden pot.
STOP THIS LIFESTYLE.
Before starting on growing yourself back to health, you need to stop certain illness-promoting lifestyle habits that are eating you away:
- Removing the BAD FATS – Replacing them with GOOD FATS.
Bad fats such as hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, trans fats, soybean oil, canola oil and vegetable oils cause painful legs and joints, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer, chronic fatigue, and neurotoxic syndrome to name only a few. Bad fats create chronic inflammation throughout the body inducing disease.
- Change the MEATS that you EAT.
There are hundreds of studies that link commercial meats with diseases. The grain fed to animals that were created to eat grass, changes fatty acid ratios and denatures good fats, leading to modern day diseases. The bioaccumulation of commercial pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics, and hormones in meats are causing a toxic onslaught, which leads to many cancers, neurological disorders and chronic illness. You should change to free-range, grass-fed animals and eggs.
- Remove ALL Refined SUGARS and GRAINS from your Diet.
This includes white rice, white pasta, and white bread. Watch out for the hidden sources like: lunch meats, pizza, sauces, soups, crackers, fruit drinks, canned foods, ketchup, mayonnaise, etc. Just eating the above elevates insulin leading to sore legs and feet, premature ageing and degenerative diseases such as type II diabetes, heart disease (inflammation of the arteries), and cancer.
- Sugar is an anti-nutrient robbing your body of precious nutrient stores. This inevitably leads to diseases such as painful joints and muscles, chronic fatigue, ADD, ADHD, heart disease, diabetes, and cancers.
THE VEGGIES TO GROW ON YOUR BALCONY.
The Grow-Tool in the form of selected vegetables have high amounts of fibre, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, proteins, amino acids, and antioxidants that help you age slower, improve energy levels, lose weight, and naturally detoxify and “help grow your cells to health”.
- Broccoli –
- Dried beans –
- Sweet potatoes –
- Beetroot and leaves –
- Carrots –
- Artichokes –
- Romaine / Cos lettuce –
- Lentils –
- Bok Choy –
- Tomatoes –
- Red onions –
- Red Bell Peppers –
- Kale –
- Avocados –
- Hemp, Flax and pumpkin seeds –
- Coconut and Olive oil –
Juicing wheatgrass with any of the above greens is a good practice, not essential but recommended. There are three main reasons why you will want to consider vegetable juicing it:
1) allows you to absorb all the nutrients from Grow-Tool vegetables,
2) allows you to consume an optimal amount of diversity vegetables efficiently,
3) will ensure you get the essential Grow-Tool combination for efficient absorption of nutrients.
Sprouting grains, beans, legumes, nuts and seeds. Broccoli and Kale sprouts are healthy food for cancer fearing people, but they cannot substituent for eating the mature plant. Alfalfa sprouts are an essential addition for people with blood sugar challenges.
Start slowly and buy what you cannot grow at the beginning of your program.
Buying ONLY ORGANIC SEEDS AND VEGETABLES FROM CERTIFIED SOURCES IS ESSENTIAL.
Let’s live healthy longer lives,