When the information about driving a car is stored into your subconscious mind it’s stored as a software program. Think of it as a computer and the driving information as software that can be run automatically whenever needed.
If someone annoyed you while you were driving, the installed program of anger, perhaps even road-rage, is going to be launched and the result will be a behaviour that you may regret later but are familiar with from similar past outbursts. Similar? Yes, because it’s the same program stored in your subconscious “goose”.
By re-washing the subconscious mind with new programs, you can fix many problems in your personality and life outcomes. Just make sure that your autopilot can run your system without ruining your life or causing you any problems. After all, you don’t want to stop the goose from laying your future golden eggs, now do you?
How to train your sub-conscious goose to lay golden eggs.
To best use the power of your subconscious mind, you must first know how the subconscious mind works. Many rules govern it. Learning about these rules will allow you to make the best use out of “your goose” with the least effort.
Just like your body has got its defences against physical wounds and injuries, your subconscious mind has got its defences against emotional shocks and wounds.
These are called ego defence mechanisms or unconscious defence mechanisms. The ego defence mechanisms’ main function is to protect your well-being and to help you overcome emotional shocks.
What are typical subconscious beliefs you may have stored away, which will affect the goose from laying the golden eggs? They are beliefs like “I can’t do that thing” or “I’m not creative” or “I’m not a people’s person” or “I’ll never be rich” or my favourite “I am no good at Mathematics”.
What phrases represent your opinion about something? They are not just a normal opinion; they are beliefs. Beliefs are solid ideas stored in your subconscious mind. Whether they were true or not, you will believe in them if you, your parents or teachers have programmed them into your storage area in your subconscious mind. Beliefs get stronger when more evidence supports them – particularly if they are played out frequently. They become weaker when something appears to be regularly contradicting them.
How Beliefs kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
When an idea constantly bypasses your conscious filters straight to your subconscious mind, it may turn into a belief. You may be asking yourself how an idea can bypass my conscious filters? The following are some examples that will show you how this can happen:
- When the idea comes from a trusted source:
- when you were a child, your main trusted source was your parents. If your parents told you that an innocent animal is called a dangerous dog and it will hurt you, you would immediately believe them, and since you will find that everyone around you at the time supports this idea, it will turn into a strong belief.
- Now, what if your parents kept telling you that you were a fool or dumb or naughty?
- What will the result be? You will grow up thinking that its true, and you may end up feeling inferior without knowing that this was the root cause for your feelings of inferiority. For example, if someone rejected you in your university class, the first thing that you will think of is that he rejected you because, for example, you are dumb or inferior.
- When you become hypnotized, your conscious mind filters will be turned off, and so these suggestions will go directly to your subconscious mind.
- When the conscious mind gets distracted:
- when something catches the full attention of your conscious mind, you become highly receptive to suggestions. That’s the same idea advertisers use when they put their commercials in the middle of your favourite T.V series. In this case, your conscious mind will be thinking of what will happen to the hero of the series while at the same time, your subconscious mind will be receiving suggestions from the commercial.
- Subliminal advertising which is illegal locally affects your subconscious mind without you being aware of it. A subliminal message is a signal or message designed to pass below the normal limits of perception. For example, it might be inaudible to the conscious mind but audible to the subconscious or might be an image transmitted briefly and unperceived consciously and yet perceived unconsciously.
The Golden Goose and Your Belief System.
Beliefs are so important to the extent that they ruin or could change your life. You may even create a self-fulfilling prophecy to support a false belief that you have about yourself. For example, suppose you think that you are not good at Maths. Most probably you won’t be motivated to study Maths further because you will think that whatever the effort you put into it, you won’t get good grades or a job. After all, the result will be a poor performance which will, in turn, reinforce the belief.
That was a simple belief example. In some cases, beliefs totally ruin adult’s lives like when someone thinks that he is a failure or when someone thinks that he is a victim or that no one likes him. Each time that any of these programs play out in life, they get re-enforced in the subconscious stored area.
Your beliefs can even prevent you from recovering after relationship breakups and could keep you broken for years; in such a case getting over that breakup requires that you get rid of these false beliefs. But how, you will ask yourself.
The right way to feed that goose that lays the golden eggs.
To prevent false or negative beliefs from taking control of your life, you must constantly challenge those negative beliefs. Seek the right clues and don’t just pick the clues your subconscious mind wants. Keep asking yourself questions like, “Is that fact true?” Do I have a 100% clear proof that supports it, or is it just what I think? – “let me study the available information around this fact”.
The more you ask yourself these types of questions and affirm that you are also intelligent, the more you will be challenging the false beliefs and the more they will weaken and eventually be replaced with a new positive belief. The golden goose becomes fit and flourishing.
This is how to start to rein in, and harness programs that you identify are spoiling your quality of life. Your subconscious mind can and should be a great ally in achieving success in all fields in your life. All you need do is to establish a working relationship with your subconscious mind. To do this, one must become conscious and familiar with this hidden, mysterious aspect of ourselves, and the role it plays in our life.
One of the ways you can do this like the example I used above, is by affirming to yourself for several minutes each day, “My subconscious mind is my partner in my success.” By doing this, you are re-educating yourself as to the fact that you possess a second powerful mind, and that it is your partner in success. Becoming conscious of our subconscious, and moving beyond thinking of it as some abstract concept or figment of your imagination, is an important first step.
Another step is to be aware of how our conscious and subconscious minds work together, to learn the functions and roles of each. The subconscious has two main functions in our life:
- The first function is to attract to us conditions and circumstances per the predominant thought and belief patterns that reside within it.
My personal reoccurring thought is, “What you focus on you attract.” Now with this new subconscious information, I can begin to understand why this is true. My (and your) subconscious mind is not limited in any way and will forever attract to us per our thoughts. It has no thought power of its own and will act upon what resides and vibrates within.
- The second is, your subconscious mind will attract or act upon any request or instruction you give it. Any thought that is continually repeated will take an imprint within the subconscious, which cannot distinguish between what is real and what is imagined.
Therefore, visualizations, images, affirmations and repeated images can have such a powerful effect in our life. This can also easily be done through “virtual Reality” glasses which are included with devices like the CellQuicken RoyalVibe. By doing these exercises, we are creating images within ourselves which the subconscious then acts upon. It’s a no brainer if you wish to improve your health, wealth and lifestyle. You have that power at your fingertips to encourage and feed that goose which lays the golden eggs in your life.
Your subconscious mind is an unquestioning goose that works day and night to make your behaviour fit a pattern consistent with your emotionalized thoughts, hopes, and desires. Your precious goose will lay rotten or golden eggs for you every day of your life. What you feed your goose and store within it, will determine the quality of eggs it will lay specifically for you.
If you would like more on this subject, collect both my free e-Book and bi-weekly emails – click on this sentence.
Health is our BirthRight,